Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Coffee Liqueur



I found this great recipe from Mercury News Let me know what you think!

Recipe: coffee liqueur

Luscious Liqueurs: 50 Recipes for Sublime and Spirited Infusions to Sip and Savor' by A.J. Rathbun

Coffee liqueur

Makes about 3 pints

1/4 cup instant espresso powder

21/2 cups light brown sugar

1 cup water

1/4 cup whole coffee beans of your choice

3 cups brandy

1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

Combine instant espresso powder, sugar and water in a medium-size saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir occasionally until mixture comes almost to a boil. Lower heat, keeping mixture on a low simmer for 5 minutes. Turn off heat, and let syrup cool completely in pan.

Put syrup, coffee beans and brandy in a glass container with a tight lid. Stir well. Seal and place container in a cool, dry spot away from sunlight. Let sit for two weeks, swirling occasionally.

Add vanilla, stir again and reseal. Return to its spot. Let sit for two more weeks.

Carefully strain liqueur through a double layer of cheesecloth into a pitcher or easy-pouring vessel. Strain again through two new layers of cheesecloth into one large bottle or a number of small bottles or jars.




Photobucket

4 comments:

SAFAHL said...

Hi your blog is too good becouse your diffarent style of raising ok

silverdot said...

That "coffee liqueur" sounds fantastic! Thanks for visiting my blog today! To enter the EtsyCrest Giveaway, visit http://etsycrest.blogspot.com. Leave a comment on the giveaway posts and you'll automatically be entered. If you still have problems let me know. Thanks again!!

Lorie said...

I bet that smells YUMMy!

DiPaola Momma said...

Woo Hoo.. I stoped by to wish you a Merry SITSmas and I got JAVA tips to boot! I need em today because I set the alarm for SITSmas as well and now I'm sleepy.. like a kid on Christmas morning.. lol